2017 Camry Temp. Gauge very slow to move up from COLD
Sharx335
2019-03-02 17:01:39 UTC
My temp. gauge in my 4 cyl. 2017 Camry is very, very slow to move from
COLD, in cold weather.  Lots of heat, though. No problem with the heater
or defroster.

16K kilometres on vehicle.

Can't see it being the thermostat, what with all that heat from the
heater.   Never before have I ever had a temp. gauge fail. WTF.
unclevito
2019-03-12 17:06:34 UTC
Post by Sharx335
My temp. gauge in my 4 cyl. 2017 Camry is very, very slow to move from
COLD, in cold weather.  Lots of heat, though. No problem with the heater
or defroster.
16K kilometres on vehicle.
Can't see it being the thermostat, what with all that heat from the
heater.   Never before have I ever had a temp. gauge fail. WTF.
I think it is normal. It is very cold outside. Thermostat has the
water bypassing the radiator. Cylinder head and block are also being
hit by cold air. If heater is hot all must be well. What is the
outside air temp?? Be sure radiator is full with no air pockets so temp
sender sees accurate temperature.