Connect to Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids?
Percival P. Cassidy
2018-05-24 15:02:14 UTC
Should it be possible to get my 2015 Prius Four to pair with my
Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids? The aids are detected, but I cannot get
them paired.

Perce
Pat
2018-05-24 16:52:39 UTC
On Thu, 24 May 2018 11:02:14 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
Post by Percival P. Cassidy
Should it be possible to get my 2015 Prius Four to pair with my
Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids? The aids are detected, but I cannot get
them paired.
Perce
The car's bluetooth system let's your music device (iPhone or
whatever) play through the car's speakers. There is no facility to
send music from the car to your device. Your hearing aids do the
same. In other words, you have two receivers but no transmitter.
Pairing them wouldn't accomplish anything.
Percival P. Cassidy
2018-05-24 22:08:27 UTC
Post by Pat
Post by Percival P. Cassidy
Should it be possible to get my 2015 Prius Four to pair with my
Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids? The aids are detected, but I cannot get
them paired.
The car's bluetooth system let's your music device (iPhone or
whatever) play through the car's speakers. There is no facility to
send music from the car to your device. Your hearing aids do the
same. In other words, you have two receivers but no transmitter.
Pairing them wouldn't accomplish anything.
Pity. I was hoping I could get navigation audio sent to my hearing aids.

There isn't a 3.5mm audio out jack either, is there? Only for audio in.

Perce
Percival P. Cassidy

Perce
Davoud
2018-05-24 23:03:08 UTC
Post by Percival P. Cassidy
Post by Pat
Post by Percival P. Cassidy
Should it be possible to get my 2015 Prius Four to pair with my
Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids? The aids are detected, but I cannot get
them paired.
The car's bluetooth system let's your music device (iPhone or
whatever) play through the car's speakers. There is no facility to
send music from the car to your device. Your hearing aids do the
same. In other words, you have two receivers but no transmitter.
Pairing them wouldn't accomplish anything.
Pity. I was hoping I could get navigation audio sent to my hearing aids.
There isn't a 3.5mm audio out jack either, is there? Only for audio in.
A high-end custom car-audio installer *might* be able to rig something
for you.

You know that the audio level of the nav audio is adjustable, right? It
can be made quite loud.
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm