2010 highlander screen on radio not working
Mikkie13
2017-05-03 21:18:01 UTC
I have had the radio replaced by dealership about a year ago for same problem
. Just recently the screen goes to a blur and shows several squares across
screen. The music still plays though. I would like to know if anyone has ever
found out the true problem and was able to fix it on your own. The only way it
goes back to normal is if you shut off car then turn car back on.

for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/toyota/2010-highlander-screen-on-radio-not-working-244903-.htm
Your Name
2017-05-03 21:53:36 UTC
Post by Mikkie13
I have had the radio replaced by dealership about a year ago for same problem
. Just recently the screen goes to a blur and shows several squares across
screen. The music still plays though. I would like to know if anyone has ever
found out the true problem and was able to fix it on your own. The only way it
goes back to normal is if you shut off car then turn car back on.
Could be a moisture issue.

When I was looking at buying my car, one of the issues with it was the
radio screen actually had about 0.25in of water floating it, so I got
them to replace the radio's faceplate for free. It has started to
display wonky text again now, but it is nearly 20 years later - in the
early stages turing it on and off would fix the display. In my case I
think it's likely caused by the sunroof not quite 100% sealing, so
during the winter months the damp air (but not actual rain water) gets
in.